VISITING OUR WEBSITE AND
ONLINE PURCHASE TERMS
Welcome to the Terms which apply to Curzon cinema website, Curzon Weekly Newsletters, app and social media (“Website”), a place to discover other worlds and cultures, or see a different perspective, provided by us, Curzon Cinemas Limited (Reg No.00283280), 20-22 Stukeley Street, London, WC2B 5LR, UK (“Curzon”) in England only.
By visiting or using our Website, you accept the Terms and agree to comply with them. These Terms are subject to change from time to time, without prior written notice and such changes will apply to any visit or purchase made after such changes have been posted. Please read these Terms before each visit or purchase to understand your legal rights, remedies and obligations; if you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Website.
1. Visiting our Website
- Limited use:
The Website may allow you to find film related information (e.g. film listings) and materials (collectively “Content”) or purchase of tickets, Curzon membership, gift cards or 3D glasses, and/or any other item for sale. Any use of the Website or the Content other than as provided in these Terms is strictly prohibited.
- Age restrictions:
The Website is reserved to those who are 18 years of age or older. If you are aged between 16 and 18, please ask your guardian(s) to guide you while you use the Website and, if any, make purchases on your behalf; these Terms are for the attention of your parent(s) or guardian(s) who remain liable to us on your behalf for the use you make of the Website.
- Promotion and advertising:
We may include advertising, promotions, promotional bannering on the Website or run promotions or offer voucher codes (subject to conditions provided at the relevant time), in our sole discretion, from time to time.
- No representation, warranties or promises:
While we endeavour to provide and host accurate information, the Content may be inaccurate and is subject to updates or changes, often at very short notice. We do not represent, warrant or promise (whether express or implied) that any information is or will remain accurate, complete and up to date, or fit or suitable for any purpose.
- The Website is regularly updated, please ensure you update your internet browsers too. We may carry repair, maintenance or updates to parts or all of the Website, which may restrict your access thereof, at our discretion. We reserve the right to withdraw, take down, amend or discontinue all or any part of the Website at any time and without notice to you.
- You agree not to archive, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, deep-link, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, use other than as explicitly authorised in these Terms, use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access; remove any proprietary notices or labels; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products; insert any code, use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method in relation to the Content or the Website.
- We may terminate or restrict your use of the Website if you violate these Terms or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use.
2. Making online purchases
- Placing an Order:
Clicking on the order option(s) may allow you to place an order, make your selection, choose your preferred payment method and proceed by entering your payment details. It is your responsibility to check the details of your order and payment carefully before confirming your order and settle any uncollected amounts. Your order constitutes an offer, which we may or may not accept, at our discretion. Orders that are accepted will be notified to you by way of our order acceptance screen ("Order Acceptance Screen"), resulting in a contract formed between you and us. A summary of the information contained in the Order Acceptance Screen will also be emailed to you at the email address you gave us upon registration. Contracts may only be concluded in English and redeemed in Curzon cinemas in England.
Prices may be adjusted from time to time in our sole and absolute discretion. If an online pricing error occurred and the error could reasonably be recognised as such, we will not be obligated to provide you with your order at the incorrect price (even if such price is reflected in the Order Acceptance Screen). All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Booking fees:
Unless you have a Curzon Classic or Cult membership, when you book tickets via the Website booking fees of £1 will apply unless otherwise stated. No booking fees apply to tickets purchased in our cinemas.
- Payment methods:
You can pay via debit or credit cards, digital wallet accounts that you hold, membership credits, gift cards or voucher codes.
- Redeeming your order:
You must present your ticket prior to entering the cinema screening room along with any ID card or proof of status (e.g. student card). It is your responsibility to check your ticket (e.g. film, date and time), we are not required to rectify mistakes after their purchase or replace lost or stolen tickets. When you visit our cinema, you agree to comply with our Terms of Admissions.
- No resale of tickets:
The tickets not be offered for resale or be resold, be used for commercial, marketing, advertising or promotional purposes.
All orders are subject to availability, we may have to substitute your order (e.g. food and beverage) or offer you a refund. Furthermore, our cinemas may be shut, partly or fully, temporarily or permanently, without notice.
We may, in our sole discretion, offer from time to time our membership scheme available to you. Our membership may be redeemed on Curzon Home Cinema as well as in Curzon cinemas.
- Our membership gives you access to a number of membership credits which may be redeemed on the Website to place an order. To do so please log in to your account, make your order selection to redeem any available membership credit; alternatively, the pricing displayed will already take into account your membership discount, choose your preferred method of payment to proceed with your order.
- Please visit our Membership Terms and Conditions for more information.
- You will keep your password and your username/password combination (“Credentials”) secure and will not to allow anyone else to use them, especially anyone under the age of 18 years old without your supervision.
- YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE AND LIABLE FOR ALL ACTIVITY CARRIED OUT UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT (WHETHER BY YOURSELF, BY SOMEONE UNDER YOUR CARE OR BY ANYONE WHO HAS BECOME AWARE OF YOUR CREDENTIALS THROUGH YOUR DELIBERATE ACT OR NEGLIGENCE).
- You will notify us immediately if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your Credentials.
5. Cancellation, Suspension
- Cancellation of your order: tickets and/or food and beverage purchased online are not subject to statutory cooling off rights. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Cancellation by us: We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Website anytime without notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you breached any of these Terms. This shall not limit our right to take any other actions against you as we may consider appropriate to defend its rights or those of other persons, in our sole discretion.
6. Third party software, services or websites
- Third party software:
The Website is available via a third party software.
- Third party services:
While using the Website, you may have access to services provided by third parties. We are not responsible for such services, which are governed by the third parties’ own applicable terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
- Links to other websites may be provided from time to time, for your convenience only. If you decide to access linked websites, you agree to do so at your own risk and that you will not involve us in any complaint or dispute between the third party responsible for the relevant website and yourself.
- Joint promotions:
The Content and Website are owned or licensed to us and protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights and laws in the world. We and our licensors reserve all rights.
The Website is based on softwares licensed by third parties to us.
- Ownership claims:
If you believe that you are the owner of the copyright or other rights in any material(s) appearing on the Website, please contact us.
We may allow for you to comment or formulate your review of films or events on the Website, by posting any comment or review on the Website, you accept that (i) it automatically becomes our sole property; (ii) we may delete or remove it at our sole discretion; (iii) we are not in control of the posting of comments or reviews or their accuracy and accept not liability for them. Please contact us or use available reporting tools on third parties platforms, if you encounter any unreasonable comments or reviews.
We appreciate hearing your feedback; however, you agree not to share any unprotected ideas, information or materials, written or oral, especially if you regard them as confidential (“Feedback”). Any Feedback made to us is deemed to be our property and we will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality nor be liable for any use and/or disclosure of such Feedback.
8. Important points
- Limitation of Liability:
If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, only. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time of the Order Acceptance Screen. To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including for any lost profits or lost data arising from your order or use of the Website, even if we were aware or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You agree not to use the Content or Website for any commercial, business or resale purposes, therefore we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you will at all times be limited to the amount paid by you when placing your order up to a limit of £1,000 except in the event of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law. You acknowledge that if no amount is paid by you when placing the order, you shall be limited to injunctive relief only unless otherwise permitted by law, and you shall not be entitled to damages of any kind from us, regardless of the cause of action.
You agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage that we may incur, including without limitation legal fees, arising from your use of the Content or Website or your use of any information obtained through the Website other than as permitted under these Terms.
- Events beyond our control:
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under any contract with you that is caused by any event, act, omission or circumstance beyond our reasonable control ("Force Majeure Event"). A Force Majeure Event includes any strike, lock-out or other industrial action, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, pandemic, epidemic or other natural disaster, impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport, impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks (including the world wide web) and the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government). Our performance of any contract with you is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, we shall have an extension of time to perform our obligation so affected for a duration equal to that of the Force Majeure Events. If we are prevented from, or delayed in, performing of any contract with you by any Force Majeure Event for a continuous period of more than 30 days, either of us may terminate such contract with immediate effect on written notice, in which case neither of us shall have any liability to the other party (but without affecting any rights and remedies that arose before such termination).
If any part, term, or provision of these Terms shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any relevant law, the remaining portions or provisions shall still remain valid and continue in full force and effect.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise dispose of any of your rights under these Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, any contract formed in accordance with 2.b above is binding on you and us and on our successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of any contract with us (or any of your rights or obligations under it) without our prior written consent.
- Third-party rights:
These Terms are not intended to confer, and do not confer, any rights or remedies on any person other than you and us, except that any Curzon group company may enforce any right or remedy expressly conferred on such Curzon group company under these Terms.
- Law and Jurisdiction:
These Terms shall be governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
9. Contact Us
- Contact information: You will find useful information and find help on the FAQ page.
- Registration information: CURZON CINEMAS LIMITED (Registration No.00283280 – incorporated in England and Wales), 20-22 Stukeley Street, London, WC2B 5LR, England (“Curzon”).
For more help go to our FAQ page